Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Kansas City Board of Election Commissioners is committed to maintaining current and accurate voter files, maximizing voter registration and voter turnout efforts, educating the voting public, providing the best possible services and conducting efficient, fair, honest and impartial elections at a minimum cost to the electorate.
The Kansas City Board of Elections conducts elections for all governmental entities lying wholly or partly within the boundaries of Kansas City (within Jackson County). Organizing for elections takes time and resources, and is ongoing. Our day to day activities include:
- Verification of signatures on petitions to ensure lawful placement on the ballot;
- Preparation of ballot layout; establishment of polling places;
- Recruitment and training of election judges and deputy election commissioners;
- Preparation of mailings for registered voters for each election, which notify voters of the election date and their polling site;
- Maintenance, warehousing, and preparation of the voting and tabulating equipment used in elections;
- Administration of the many State and Federal requirements such as the Campaign Finance Disclosure Law, the National Voter Registration Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, and Polling Place Accessibility for the Elderly and Handicapped;
- Maintenance of active and non-active voter records, which includes new registrants, transfers, deaths, and other details.
On Election Day, all of our resources are committed to the smooth execution of the election and a precise, lawful tabulation of election results.