Seeds of Literacy
- Education & Literacy
Location3104 West 25th Street3rd FloorCleveland, OH 44109 United States
Seeds of Literacy provides personal education that empowers adults to succeed in their communities.
Seeds of Literacy brings together people of diverse backgrounds in order to help break a root cause of poverty: illiteracy.
Since 1997, Seeds of Literacy has provided free, one-to-one tutoring in basic education and GED preparation to adults in Cuyahoga County. A unique curriculum designed and developed by Seeds of Literacy and one-to-one tutoring optimize learning by building relationships of trust between the student and the tutor. Since this approach allows each student to work at her or his own pace and academic level while receiving personal attention and encouragement, students of all academic levels may be able to participate in the program.
Seeds has student retention and graduation rates that are twice the national average, is the only adult literacy program in the county to be nationally accredited by ProLiteracy, and is a 501(c)3 organization.
Seeds of Literacy:
- is free to students
- has year-round, open enrollment
- offers a flexible class schedule
- provides one-to-one tutoring for maximum learning
- offers additional training in computer skills and career planning
- has over 200 active volunteer tutors in 2013
- serves more than 1,000 adult students annually
- is the recipient of the 2013 Anisfield-Wolf Memorial Award for outstanding service to the community
- is accredited by ProLiteracy, part of the largest adult literacy organization worldwide
We have two locations to serve our community:
3104 W. 25th Street, 3rd Floor
(corner of W. 25th & Clark Ave.)
Cleveland, OH 44109
NEW East Side
13815 Kinsman Road
(corner of Kinsman & E. 139th)
Cleveland, OH 44120
For more information, please call 216.661.7950 or visit our website at www.seedsofliteracy.org