Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Muscular Dystrophy Association is a voluntary health agency working to defeat muscular dystrophy and related diseases through programs of worldwide research, comprehensive services, and far-reaching professional and public health education.
MDA sends almost 4,000 kids with muscular dystrophy and related diseases to MDA summer camps each year, at cost to MDA of $800 per camper. There's no charge to families.
Tens of thousands of people affected by muscular dystrophy and diseases visit MDA's 225 hospital-affiliated clinics and 38 MDA/ALS centers every year.
MDA awards research grants to some 400 teams of scientists and physicians worldwide.
The Association also:
- helps buy and repair wheelchairs, leg braces and augmentative communication devices;
- facilitates meetings of some 240 MDA support groups;
- provides thousands of free flu vaccines to those affected by neuromuscular diseases;
- conducts an ongoing public education program through its Web sites, publications, videos, seminars and media placements;
- and sponsors professional education programs for MDA clinic directors and those they serve.