Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
We remove barriers to affordable housing for low- and moderate-income Americans, through education and law.
- We take a fresh approach -- working to expand the recent trend of decisions, by the legislatures and/or highest courts of a number of states, to outlaw exclusionary housing policies adopted by local governments.
- Those policies are "among the principal culprits behind the nation's persistent [housing] affordability problems" (in the words of the Harvard University Joint Center for Housing Studies).
- Those policies have contributed substantially to problems such as homelessness, poverty, the current subprime lending crisis, and the national financial crisis.
The Center is a new non-profit organization that offers educational and legal services to reduce homelessness and poverty in the United States. The Center:
- educates the public about exclusionary housing policies and their correction;
- identifies jurisdictions in which rights of low- and moderate-income people to opportunities for affordable housing are being violated;
- helps bona fide victims of violations vindicate their rights; and
- interacts with legislative and rulemaking bodies to promote appropriate statutes and regulations protecting opportunities for affordable housing.
The Center launched its educational website (http://cswac.org) in November 2008. Its office is in Vienna, Virginia. However, it offers virtual volunteer opportunities, so that volunteers may work from their home or office.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!