Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
We remove barriers to affordable housing for low- and moderate-income Americans, through education and law.
- We take a fresh approach -- working to expand the recent trend of decisions, by the legislatures and/or highest courts of a number of states, to outlaw exclusionary housing policies adopted by local governments.
- Those policies are "among the principal culprits behind the nation's persistent [housing] affordability problems" (in the words of the Harvard University Joint Center for Housing Studies).
- Those policies have contributed substantially to problems such as homelessness, poverty, the current subprime lending crisis, and the national financial crisis.
The Center is a new non-profit organization that offers educational and legal services to reduce homelessness and poverty in the United States. The Center:
- educates the public about exclusionary housing policies and their correction;
- identifies jurisdictions in which rights of low- and moderate-income people to opportunities for affordable housing are being violated;
- helps bona fide victims of violations vindicate their rights; and
- interacts with legislative and rulemaking bodies to promote appropriate statutes and regulations protecting opportunities for affordable housing.
The Center launched its educational website (http://cswac.org) in November 2008. Its office is in Vienna, Virginia. However, it offers virtual volunteer opportunities, so that volunteers may work from their home or office.
- Tom Loftus
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!