Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Our mission is to share Christ's love with others while reaching out to the impoverished community as well as helping bridge the gap by helping join churches and other groups in serving together. The Bridge Ministries belongs to the Lord and we strive to be His hands and feet. We highly value relationships and seeking to know and encourage any skills, gifts, and resources already established in commonly looked over communities.
The Bridge Ministries has a variety of ministries that seek to create community and serve the impoverished community. Our regular ministries include:
- a weekly client choice food pantry on Thursday evenings. (families get to select the foods that they are taking home to their families). avg. of 1400 families annually served.
- a monthly Produce Pantry on the first Friday of each month (15,000 lbs of food distributed in about an hour and a half)
- a free Medical Clinic on the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month. Avg. of 500 families served annually.
- after school kids programs on Monday and Wednesday evenings from 5:30 - 7 p.m. during the school year. Avg. of 200 kids served annually.
- a Christmas Store where families are registered can sign up to shop for their children for Christmas from brand new items that are priced at 20% of their orginal value. This provides the parents the opportunity to select what they are giving to their children as well as giving them the chance to provide the gifts instead of being given items to then give their kids.
- Kids summer programs
- Familly oriented community events