Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The mission of the Gainesville Greenway Challenge is to focus attention on non-native invasive plants in our nature parks throughout the year, to foster regular volunteer efforts for mechanical removal of these species and to educate the public about alternatives to invasive plants in their landscape.
- We focus on removing invasive and exotic plants at pre-determined locations in city parks with the help of volunteers. Volunteers will learn about the harmful effect of invasive and exotic plants on Florida ecosystems and get hands-on plant identification training.
- We keep track of all volunteer hours and present awards (and prizes!) at the annual Great Invader Raider Rally celebration to the individual or group with the most logged volunteer hours. The 2017 Rally will be held on January 28, 2017 to honor our 2016 volunteers. There is still time to win, so sign up soon!
- We have recurring volunteer opportunities the first Saturday of each month from 9:00 to 11:30 AM, which are open to anyone, so any clubs or individuals interested in competing for the most logged volunteer hours can begin at our next work party on Saturday, August 6 th, 2016 from 9:00-11:30 AM.Location TBA.
- Individual or group work parties are available for scheduling upon request!
- Register for each event at www.GnvGreenwayChallenge.org.
- Gainesville Greenway Challenge Volunteer Coordinator
- Need admin access?