Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
SPNN increases social, civic, and economic equity in our community via the transformative art of media making and 21st century skill-building. Our mission: to empower people to use media and communications to better lives, use authentic voice, and build common understanding--resulted in 4,194 people served and viewership of 55,000 in FY2015.
Through SPNN’s four core areas-Access Center, SPNN Youth, Community Technology Empowerment Project (CTEP), and Community Productions-we help youth and adults overcome technology barriers to increase their personal equity and promote a more culturally vibrant and equitable community.
We utilize the power of technology to:
- Develop the personal and artistic expression of underrepresented people in new media.
- Increase 21 st century work-readiness skills of underserved youth and adults.
- Foster experimentation and innovative collaboration among young people, emerging artists, citizen journalists, and community partners.
- Connect the media voices of diverse youth and adults to the broader community via meaningful dialogue.
- Improve community social, civic, and economic equity.
We know that media arts and digital literacy skills can be life-changing. SPNN staff members strive to serve as effective partners, mentors, and teachers for artists and underrepresented community members, empowering them to feel confident in their artistic expression and become community changemakers. Every day we see the power of media to transform lives, circumstances, and cultural norms.
- Hannah Birkholz
- Need admin access?