Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Please wait . . .
Our mission is to promote cardiovascular wellness through prevention, awareness, and partnerships in the Charlotte Mecklenburg region.
Why volunteer with HeartBright Foundation?
- .92 cents out of every dollar donated goes directly to our programs
- we were nationally recognized as a center of excellence and model for other programs to strive for by cardiologists
- you have an interest in promoting cardiovascular wellness or treating one of the risks such as diabetes, stroke, or hypertension
- you want to be part of a local solution that not only educates but also provides help in adopting a healthy lifestyle
- you want to work with a fun, dedicated, and effective organization
- you love what our patient of the year said about us "they treated me with respect, they treated me like a human being instead of another statistic"
What types of opportunties are there?
- Clinical...medical, nutrition, patient advocacy
- Outreach...education, counseling, warehouse assembly
- Marketing...creative, special events, fundraising, advertising
- Support Services...data entry, scheduling, local delivery, information technology
Would you recommend HeartBright Foundation?
by Anja H. (2010-08-25 08:44:05.0)
After being laid off, I chose to volunteer my free time at HeartBright to give back to my community and continue to utilize my knowledge and skills. The staff here is amazing, very supportive, and driven to help those uninsured and under insured to receive the proper medical care and health education. I would highly recommend donating your time to this organization.
by Whitney U. (2010-08-25 07:53:58.0)
I have volunteered with the HeartBright Foundation since February and can tell you that by volunteering here, it?s really feels like family. I have worked for a big corporation the past 5 years but by volunteering at HeartBright I feel like I have accomplished more and feel more satisfied with the work that I have accomplished than I did by working for a big corporation. The mentorship at HeartBright is given without questions asked and the supporters, volunteers, and patients are nothing but genuine. Nothing feels better than giving back to the community but HeartBright also gives so much back more personally.
by Veena P. (2010-07-08 09:28:04.0)
I highly recommend volunteering for HeartBright. It is a great opportunity to learn and see what a difference one organization can make especially in this economy. If you enjoy helping others then this is the place to be. I personally enjoy volunteering at HeartBright, it brings great joy and satisfaction that I have used my God given talents to help people.
by Marge W. (2010-02-02 10:16:27.0)
Because the caring, respect and total interest given each and every person the comes through their doors seeking help makes my heart sing. Today, with the economy in the state that it is currently in, many more people are finding themselves in great need. HeartBright, not only offers medical care, but helps them get the best prices and programs for their medications, and also offers programs to help them change to incorporate a healthier lifestyle to change their lives in an ongoing way. It would be great to see this style of community service duplicated across our whole country. I very highly recommend volunteering for HeartBright. I intend to continue because the rewards of feeling good are so great!!!
by Tara E. from Charlotte, NC (Administrator for this Organization) (2010-02-02 09:41:05.0)
I have volunteered for HeartBright for several years. They are committed to helping many people in the community, especially families in need of medical care for chronic health problems (heart disease, diabetes and high blood pressure). It is amazing to see how many doctors, nurses and professionals in Charlotte that volunteer their time for free so that they can help the Foundation meet it's goals. In addition to the free medical clinic, there are many programs and services that HeartBright is involved with that benefit the community, such as: providing food & clothing to families in need. I definitely recommend Volunteering with this organization if you feel like you want to give back to your local community in Charlotte and if you enjoy seeing first hand how your help benefits others.