Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Idaho Falls Community Garden Association (IFCGA) promotes and supports community organic gardening through educational activities promoting sustainable gardening and conservation and through the establishment and maintenance of community gardening sites. Through leadership, coordinated effort and community involvement, the IFCGA will provide the citizens of Idaho Falls with an opportunity to enrich their lives and participate in the growth and stewardship of the Idaho Falls Community Garden program.
These activities may include but are not limited to :
A. Supporting the development of community gardens in diverse neighborhoods.
B. Developing and supporting organic gardening programs for children.
C. Providing educational opportunities covering a broad spectrum of gardening and conservation- related topics, such as:
* Intensive, small space gardening * Sustainable gardening methods
* Integrated pest management * Integrated yard and lawn maintenance
* Water conservation methods * Soil conservation
* Composting * Special needs gardening
* Gardening with Idaho native plants * Seed saving
* Nutrition * Neighborhood beautification
D. Working with other area organizations to encourage and support wide participation in these educational activities.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!