Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The L.G. Pinkston Class of 1969 Alumni has the mission of supporting graduating students from the L.G. Pinkston High School with the technology tools they need to become successful college students and eventually productive citizens in a global society.
The L.G. Pinkston Class of 2001 Alumni (nonprofit organization) was founded in 1999 by Mr. C.W. Sherman, who is also an alumni. Mr. Sherman, along with his wife, Joyce Sherman, provide laptops and printers to graduating seniors. The organization also provides senior fees assistance based on counselor referrals. Mr. and Mrs. Sherman have continued to provide assistance to the seniors, even during times when high school graduate to college or university rates from Pinkston are low.
Students are referred to the program by the onsite counselors and must meet the following criteria:
- Students must attend L.G. Pinkston High School in West Dallas.
- Students must have a grade point average of at least 2.80.
- Students must be a graduating senior.
- Students must have good attendance.
- Students must be recommended by a counselor from the school .
- Students must write an essay stating why they should receive a computer for college.
- Students must attend a four year university or college.
- Students must live on campus.
- Altha Moore
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!