Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
PAWS of Bremerton is committed to developing and implementing model programs in animal welfare, public education, and the mutually enriching human/animal bond.
We dedicate ourselves to being a premiere humane agency in the United States, by pursuing excellence and innovation in animal welfare and social services.
We are committed to:
- Reducing and preventing the overpopulation of companion animals - especially cats and dogs - through public education and an aggressive neuter/spay program. This is the only way the suffering of homeless strays and the euthanasia of unwanted pets will be reduced.
- Education as the cornerstone of building a more humane future. The relationship between humans and our animal companions is a special focus.
- Continuing to develop, maintain, and improve programs to meet the growing and changing needs of our community. We are especially committed to those endeavors that not only alleviate suffering but actively and successfully prevent it.
- Presenting innovative programs to the public and other agencies as models for their own development and change.
- Coordinating our efforts with other agencies, including those which are outside the traditional boundaries of humane societies.
- Maintaining the highest quality of care in our model Pet Adoption Center.
PAWS Of Bremerton is a non-profit organization that is dedicated to the welfare of animals in need. We are 100% volunteer-run and 100% donation-driven, and our outreach covers both Kitsap and North Mason counties. PAWS of Bremerton helps animals that otherwise can't find help, including the lost and stray, injured and sick, abused and abandoned.
PAWS of Bremerton strives to rescue and find new homes for needy pets, offer financial assistance to low-income and elderly pet owners for veterinary services such as spay and neuter operations and emergency medical care, and educate the community about humane, ethical animal care and treatment.
PAWS of Bremerton has succeeded in saving the lives of countless dogs and cats. Our focus includes:
- Dog & Cat Adoptions, Adoption Follow-up
- Medical Aid, Pet Food Bank, Financial Aid, Low Income Spay & Neuter
- Sick & Injured Animal Care, Newborn Care, Orphan Care, Pet Rehabilitation
- Lost & Found Pet Listings, Information, Assistance & 24 Hour Help Line
- Foster Homes for Homeless & Sick Pets
- Socialization of Shy or Abused Animals, 'Pet & Cuddle' Therapy, Grooming
- Stray Pet Rescue, Abandoned Pet Rescue, Feral (Wild) Cat Rescue
- Cruelty Reporting, Animal Rights, Community Education
- Senior Citizen Assistance and Pet Transport
- Junior Volunteer (Young People's) Program
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!