Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
"The Mission of the National Mississippi River Museum & Aquarium is to explore life of the Mississippi River and the Rivers of America and their global connections, and to research, interpret, educate and promote the conservation of their historical and natural environment."
"The Mission of the Dubuque County Historical Society is to explore, collect, preserve and interpret, for present and future generations, the history of diverse peoples and cultures of Dubuque County." "The purpose of the National Rivers Hall of Fame is to preserve and tell the story of the men and women of the inland rivers of the United States."
- Greeters: Help us meet and greet the public who come to the National Mississippi River Museum & Aquarium, Ham House, Ryan House, and Old Jail.
- Docent/Educator: Interpret exhibits to enhance visitors' experiences.
- Special Events: Help us put on some of our very successful events like the July 4th Ice Cream Social, Taste of Dubuque, and Ice Fest.
- Archives: Help sort historic photographs and inventory museum collections.
- Touch Tank: Volunteer to watch over the animals in the touch tank and ensure their safety.
- Office: Help Museum & Aquarium staff with daily, basic office duties.
- Reception: Answer phones, transfer calls, help visitors with questions on admission price, directions and hours of operation.
No experience required! We will provide any necessary training -- just bring your smile and a helpful attitude!
- Vicky Sutter
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!