Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Community Foundation of Greater Des Moines is a donor-driven public foundation whose purpose is to improve the quality of life in Greater Des Moines through philanthropy. The Community Foundation connects donors with their passions, fosters links between community organizations and convenes local leaders to promote the common good.
10 Reasons Why the Community Foundation
- We are a local organization with deep roots in the community.
- Our professional program staff has broad expertise regarding community issues and needs.
- We provide highly personalized service tailored to each individual's charitable and financial interests.
- Our donor advised funds help people invest in the causes they care about most.
- We accept a wide variety of assets, and can facilitate even the most complex forms of giving.
- We partner with professional advisors to create highly effective approaches to charitable giving.
- We offer maximum tax advantages under state and federal law, including access to Endow Iowa Tax Credits, a 25% state tax credit in addition to normal federal deductions for certain charitable gifts.
- We multiply the impact of gift dollars by pooling them with other gifts and grants.
- We build endowment funds that benefit the community forever and help create personal legacies.
- We are a community leader, convening agencies and coordinating resources to create positive change.
- Karla Jones-Weber
- Need admin access?