Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
ARTS FOR LIFE has a two-fold purpose: It is dedicated to benefiting and enlightening the community at large by supporting, recognizing, and promoting community theatre. Secondly, it desires to provide charity to special needs groups through the presentation of book and original musical theatre productions. This corporation is organized exclusively for charitable and educational purposes.
"ARTS FOR LIFE has always been a benevolent organization. Much of the focus has been on showcasing and highlighting the amazing talent of the St. Louis Arts community specifically in Community Theatre. Through our Lifetime Achievement Awards, we have also honored many local artists who were either born here or spent much of their formative years in the St. Louis area.
We have been able to produce original works and concerts to benefit specific causes such as AIDS research; breast cancer research; chondrosarcoma research; lung cancer research; and disaster relief after 911. So, clearly the theme of "Arts FOR Life" has always resonated within the organization.
What we are doing now however, is to focus this effort as the foundation of the group. We will be developing programs to address specific needs within the St. Louis metropolitan community, centered on the "healing power of the arts".
· Some of these programs such as our "Theatre 2 Go" program will target adults and children who are unable to participate or attend live theater because of physical ailments or other constraints. We will bring live theatre to them, to provide them with a connection to the Arts in an effort to enrich their quality of life.
· Our "Latch Key Theatre" program is designed to specifically engage our inner city youth to explore a path that includes the Arts as a force for shaping and enhancing their personality and life experience.
· Our "Acting Up" program works to develop leadership, creativity, character, and confidence in the at risk youth of the St. Louis community through the power and magic of theatre.
· Our "Theatre At Reach" program provides tickets, and/or chaperones to children and their and families who cannot afford or have access to live theatrical performances.
· Our "Standing Ovation" program will help adults who are seeking to enhance their presentation style in business by teaching them to be more comfortable and relaxed in front of an audience. They will also learn vocal techniques and proper elocution.
· Our "Cures Now" fundraisers will shine the spotlight on local researchers who are dedicating their lives to finding cures to disease states and conditions that affect all of us. These may be Research Awards Dinners; sponsored walks; or even live productions with a medical theme (e.g. "Wit", "Joined At The Head", etc.).
· Of course we will continue to produce the Best Performance Awards as a fundraiser to highlight the best in community theatre in the St. Louis metropolitan area.
This is a very ambitious agenda, but we have a very committed team and we are up to the challenge. Arts For Life is dedicated to developing programs that are efficient, cost-effective and valuable to the St. Louis community".
- Christina Baker
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!