• ORGANIZATION PROFILE
  • Phillis Wheatley Association Phillis Wheatley Association

Causes

  • Interest area icon
  • Interest area icon
  • Interest area icon
  • Interest area icon
  • Interest area icon
(34.83657,-82.36917)
 

Volunteer with us!

VIEW AS
Subscribe Get an RSS feed of these Opportunities
Please wait . . .

Mission Statement

Our Mission is to create a safe, caring, and supportive environment where all children and youths, particularly the underserved and not served, can explore, learn and reach their potential and make a difference in themselves, our community and the world.

Description

Young people only spend 13% of their time in school. How are they spending the remaining 87% whether after school or in the summer? At PWA, through the use of best practices and curricula specifically designed to engage and challenge, young people are

  • Receiving homework assistance
  • Engaging in projects that apply their academic knowledge
  • Involving themselves community service
  • Developing leadership skills
  • Learning team building skills
    Playing sports
  • Engaging in the performing arts through our award-winning musical theatre program, the Phillis Wheatley Repertory Theatre for Youths.

...and just being kids.

Website

http://www.philliswheatley.org

Contact

Report this organization

Reviews

BE THE FIRST TO RECOMMEND THIS ORGANIZATION!
Would you recommend Phillis Wheatley Association?

Engage your employees, consumers, or students! VolunteerMatch provides the tools that make community involvement easy.