Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Vermont Medical Reserve Corps Units a group of volunteers that assists the Health Department, hospitals, and emergency response agencies in times of need, as well as support local communities with health initiatives and disease prevention activities. They consist of both Medical and Non-Medical Volunteers who donate their time and expertise in order to ensure a safe and healthier Vermont.
Watch this video to learn about Vermont MRCs and one member's reasons for volunteering.
MRC Volunteers can in engage in the following activities...
- Medical Surge supporting hospitals when their a large influx of patients do to a disaster.
- Points of Distribution (PODs) for handing out medication and supplies in an outbreak.
- Medical Aid Shelters during public large events
- Portable Hospital Setup and Staffing
- Sheltering Operations
- Community Preparedness Outreach
- Health Initiatives
*Individuals can volunteer as often as they like or just in times of need.