Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The mission of Coastal Mountain Youth Academy is to provide an educational and therapeutic program for adolescents that have not been successful in the traditional setting.
- A safe and drug free environment
- Consistent nurturing relationships
- Rich ongoing interactions
- An environment which allows adolescents to progress through the developmental stages
- in their own style and pace
- Opportunities to experiment, to find solutions, and take risks
- Structure with clear boundaries
- Ongoing relationships with parents and community
- Opportunities which allow adolescents to become the person they prefer
- Provide students with the tools and motivation to become life long learners
Coastal Mountain Youth Academy (CMYA) is an educational and therapeutic program for "at promise" youth, located in Southern California. CMYA's program consists of a sober day school that serves male and female adolescents between the ages of 15-18. These adolescents struggle with issues such as addiction, truancy, abuse, juvenile detention and probation.
8 week session programming involves:
Therapy: Equine Therapy, Art Therapy, Music Therapy, Alcoholics Anonoymous Meetings, and Family Group Therapy
Mental, Emotional, and Physical Health: Yoga, Martial Arts, and Mediation
Experiential Education: Rock climbing, Ropes courses, Teambuilding, and a 21 day Wilderness Adventure Course.
Academics: Academic Coursework inline with the California State Standards.
Community service: Volunteer Opportunities varied from soup kitchens to working with the elderly and the homeless.
- kelley white
- (949) 498-7042
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!