Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Vision of the League of Women Voters of the Flint Area is to empower citizens to participate in the improvement of their communities.
The League of Women Voters, a non-partisan political organization, encourages informed and active participation in government, works to increase understanding of major public policy issues, and influences public policy through education and advocacy.
1. Encourage informed and active participation in governmet.
2. Increase understanding of major public policy issues.
3. Influence public policy through education and advocacy.
We accomplish these goals thorugh Voter Service/Citizen Education and Action/Advocacy. These are two distinct roles:
- Voters Service/Citizen Education - we present unbiased, nonpartisan information about elections, the voting process, and issues.
To conduct our voter service and citizen education activities, we may use funds from the League of Women Voters of Flint, Michigan Education Fund, which is a 501(c)(3) corporation, a nonprofit educational organization.
- Action/Advocacy - we are nonpartisan, but, after study, we use our positions to advocate for or against particular policies in the public interest.
To conduct action and advocacy activities, we use funds from the League of Women Voters of the Flint Area, Michigan, a 501(c)(4) nonprofit corporation.
- Shawntae Harris
- Need admin access?