Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
United Support Foundation (USF) helps patients and their families negotiate their way through the medical health care system. We are there for you - like family. We help critically ill patients get the care they need in a timely, effective, and comprehensive manner. We facilitate communication between the family and their physicians, nurses, clergy, social and health care workers. We act as your health care guide and help the family make informed medical decisions. We take care of administration, so the patient can focus on getting better, and doctors can focus on practicing medicine.
Our patient advocate ensures that patient and family issues and concerns are heard and addressed appropriately and immediately. They investigate and follows-up with hospital staff to facilitate the resolution of issues and concerns for the purpose of maximizing patient satisfaction. The two-way communication between the patient advocate and patient/family demonstrates the commitment of United Support Foundation to its patients and continues to nurture their trust and respect.
Our patient advocate is here to help you. At your request, the patient advocate will become involved and focused on:
- Improving communication
- Accessing information
- Addressing concerns
- Resolving difficulties
- Waiting issues
- Scheduling problems
- Communications concerns
- Advanced directives
- Patient rights
- Providing educational literature about cancer, cancer treatments and side effects
- helping the family get child care or elder care, if needed, so you can get to appointments or get through a hospital stay
- referring the family to support groups, cancer care classes or other programs found to be helpful
- helping with small but important incidentals, such as finding a source for wigs for the patient with hair loss from chemotherapy
- Billing issues related to care
- Emotional support
- Hearing impaired services
- Physician issues
- Treatment related issues
The patient advocate will gladly assist you:
- If you are experiencing difficulties during your hosital stay or visit
- Have questions or concerns about any aspect of care or service
- nicole clark
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!