Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
To reduce victimization with a safety net of crisis advocacy services.
Faces of Hope Victim Center is a warm and welcoming place, where people affected by interpersonal violence can have all of their immediate needs met, through a single door. Our specialized multi-disciplinary team wraps around an individual or family, and provides crisis-intervention services to stabilize them, at the time of trauma and in the 30-days following trauma. To avoid duplication of services, once we have stabilized a victim, we provide a warm-handoff via referrals to our community partners that focus on long-term resources for lifelong healing.
Under one roof, we have twenty private and public partners that collaborate to deliver:
- Safety planning, protection orders, civil legal aid, information on the criminal process and judicial system.
- Medical care, forensic examinations, prescription management, crisis counseling, psycho-social evaluations.
- Support groups, empowerment classes, and self-defense classes.
- Emergency assistance with food, shelter, clothing, transportation, and diapers.
- Information and referrals to community services including financial literacy classes, employment assistance, job training, food stamps, food banks, crime victims’ compensation, and other public assistance programs.