Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
As part of the Thurston County Public Works team, our mission is to promote waste prevention and sustainable resource use in Thurston County through education, technical assistance and community building.
We are your waste prevention and recycling resource.
Thurston County Solid Waste staff see a future in which everyone in Thurston County makes informed and responsible choices about what we produce and consume, so that every day our community creates less waste.
Our efforts include:
- Website Outreach - providing resources on local recycling and reuse opportunities through www.WhereDoITakeMy.org and www.2good2toss.com.
- Building Community--encouraging discussion, sharing resources, and helping others connect . www.Facebook.com/ThurstonSolidWaste, @SolidWasteThuCo and www.YouTube.com/ThurstonSolidWaste
- Food to Flowers--helping schools compost food waste and getting rid of throw away products.
- Business Waste Reduction Assistance - improving recycling and smart purchasing efforts.
- Youth Outreach--providing lessons on topics from composting to recycling and helping schools become Washington Green Schools.
- Event Recycling Bin Loans--offering free collection bins including composting to groups and individuals.
- Master Recycler Composter Program--offering training and volunteer opportunities.
- Public Outreach - giving resources tailored to each community’s needs through news, publications and social media.
- Community Presentations--educating homeowners associations, chambers and other community groups.
- Product Stewardship--encouraging action from industry producers to ensure products and materials do not go to landfills including prescription medication.
The Solid Waste Program also operates the Waste and Recovery Center at Hawks Prairie and drop box sites at Rainier and Rochester. All locations offer recycling/blue boxes.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!