Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Our goal is to increase access to donated fresh produce and other healthy foods to area hunger-relief sites that serve the at-risk, food-insecure population by providing local farmers and food producers with free, effective delivery and distribution.
The specific objectives and purposes of this corporation are:
- to increase donation of and access to locally-grown produce and other healthy foods for the at-risk, low-income population;
- to provide free-of-charge delivery and distribution of donated fresh produce directly from local farms and markets to participating sites who serve the at-risk, food-insecure population, including food pantries, soup kitchens, domestic violence shelters, homeless shelters and low-income senior housing;
- to provide a "Free Farm Market" on-site to clients of food pantries, shelters and senior housing for purposes of nutritional advice and education;
- to provide a free-of-charge quick-response gleaning team to participating farmers;
- to encourage healthy, locally-grown food donations by working with farmers and growers to simplify the donation process;
- to develop new sources of donated foods by reaching out to community business leaders, farmers and corporations
- to engage in other activities related to increasing awareness and educating the public concerning hunger in our neighborhoods;
- to collaborate and partner with other non-profit , social service and hunger-relief organizations in the region to increase the impact of our mutual goal to alleviate hunger.