Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
STEM SANTA FE advocates for, develops and provides STEM programming, mentoring and resources for all youth, especially under-represented groups in STEM, to realize their potential and expand their opportunities in a dynamic world. Our main focus is mentoring youth to enter STEM competitions and in turn help build perseverance and professionalism. STEM SANTA FE will also organize local STEM competitions and events as well as provide a STEM focused resource website. According to the U.S. Department of education, "Not enough of our youth have access to quality STEM learning opportunities and too few students see these disciplines as springboards for their careers." STEM SANTA FE will foster a supportive and celebratory STEM environment and get our youth excited about STEM career opportunities.
STEM Santa Fe advocates for, develops and provides STEM programming, mentoring and resources for all youth, especially under-represented groups in STEM, to realize their potential and expand their opportunities in a dynamic world. Focus areas:
1. Initiating out-of-school enrichment and mentoring programs in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math.
2. Mentoring students to attend and enter STEM competitions in the region.
3. Fostering teamwork, problem solving skills, and resilience to prepare the youth for the future job market demand.
4. Organizing STEM conferences and events to inspire students to remain engaged in school and in STEM fields.
5. Engaging under-represented groups in STEM, mainly girls, Hispanics and Native Americans to to close the achievement gap
6. Partnering with local groups , schools and non-profits advocating for STEM education.
7. Building a network among students, teachers, STEM professionals, volunteers, and educators.
- Lina Germann
- (505) 570-5402
- Need admin access?