Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Houston's Ronald McDonald House offers a home away from home providing care, compassion and hope to families with seriously ill children being treated in Texas Medical Center member institutions.
Ronald McDonald House Houston opened its doors in 1981 to offer a home away from home to the families with seriously ill children being treated in Texas Medical Center member institutions. Houston's RMH operates several locations that offer home-like environments to these seriously ill children and their families:
- 50 bedroom House on Holcombe Boulevard
- 20 bedroom House inside Texas Children's Hospital
- 14 bedroom House inside Children's Memorial Hermann Hospital
- Cardiovascular ICU Family Room at Texas Children's Hospital
- Hematology/Oncology Inpatient Family Room at Texas Children's Hospital
- Outpatient Family Room at Texas Children's Hospital
- Women's Pavilion Family Room at Texas Children's Hospital
- Family Room program at M.D. Anderson Cancer Center
Each of these facilities serves a different population. The Holcombe House is generally home to families from outside Houston while the in-hospital facilities primarily serve families from the greater Houston area. At RMH Houston, the families find comfort, encouragement and support from volunteers, staff and other families, who share similar experiences, during an unimaginably difficult time in their lives.
Ronald McDonald House Houston is able to provide these services because of the generous gifts of time and financial support provided by individuals, companies, and foundations throughout the Houston community.