Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
- The Household Hazardous Waste Program is a partnership dedicated to education, preservation and protection of the environmenta and public health, and safety.
- To provide a safe, economic and environmentally sound disposal of hazardous material and waste, focusing on reuse, recycling, and redistribution.
The Program, a joint project between the City of Tucson and Pima County, was designed to collect household hazardous wastes from residents of our community. The formal program was inaugurated in 1989, and in 1990, a permanent facility was built. In the 19 years since the Program's inception, over 15 million pounds of household hazardous waste have been collected and diverted from wastewater treatment plants and landfills in Tucson and Pima County.
The main objectives of the Program help to alleviate problems that can pose serious threats to human health and the environment. HHW services help to:
- Protect children's health by minimizing potential home exposure;
- Protect Pima County's ability to effectively treat wastewater;
- Protect solid waste workers' health;
- Conserve valuable landfill space; and
- Safeguard groundwater from potential leaching of contaminants.
- Frank Bonillas
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!