Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
• To provide a safe, loving haven for abandoned, neglected, abused, homeless, distraught children in a "green" eco camp setting.
• To nurture young minds to soar and achieve their greatest creative potentials.
• To provide education and teach life skills that stimulate young minds to reach beyond mediocrity.
• To provide exceptional nutrition with wholesome organic foods/herbs to aid growing bodies meet their developmental needs.
• To teach about the stewardship and preservation of the earth through green building, renewable energy, organic farming, sustainability, etc...
• To inspire self-preservation and independence through self-sufficiency skills (growing food, making shelter, first aid, survival techniques, etc...)
• To instill positive ethics that all are created equal, regardless of race, age, sex, economical status, or social circumstances.
• To commit to preserving the future of our community through the preservation of our children.
We believe that education can be a strong salve for healing, giving the children the tools and confidence to excel in community. Camp Indigo is not only their home, it is also their interactive school & playground where they will gain self-reliance skills that honor the earth while providing them with means of self-support upon maturity.
Our mission is to educate the children & the general public on sustainable ways of living. M ajor goals are a functioning eco camp & a learning center that will operate symbiotically to maximize the practical learning experience.The Eco camp is a real-life demonstration of sustainable building & living principles such as:
- Organic food production & composting
- Alternative water treatment systems
- Renewable energy
- Natural building
The Learning Center serves to maximize education & research opportunities available by offering c lasses & hands-on workshops in natural building, sustainable site development & sustainable living skills.
- Teri Gwarek
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!