Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The guiding purposes of National Braille Press are to promote the literacy of blind children through braille, and to provide access to information that empowers blind people to actively engage in work, family, and community affairs.
- Braille is the only true means of literacy for a person without sight;
- Blind people want to pay the same for their braille publications as sighted people pay for theirs;
- Schoolchildren should have their textbooks and tests at the same time their sighted peers do;
- Our purpose as a nonprofit is to raise sufficient funds to support these services;
- Our hiring and supervisory practices should encourage competitive employment for qualified disabled individuals.
One third of our staff has a disability, predominantly blindness, filling positions at all levels. A fundamental belief at NBP is that blind people can, want to, and should work for companies that value talent and hard work above all.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!