Parliament of the World's Religions
- Advocacy & Human Rights
Location70 East Lake StreetSuite 230Chicago, IL 60601 United States
Our mission is to cultivate harmony between the world's religions and spiritual communities and foster their engagement with the world and it's other guiding institutions (education, commerce, goverment, healthcare, etc.).
The vision of the Parliament of the World's Religions is of a just, peaceful and sustainable world in which:
- Religious and spiritual communities live in harmony and contribute to a better world from their riches of wisdom and compassion.
- Religious and cultural fears and hatreds are replaced with understanding and respect.
- People everywhere come to know and care for their neighbors.
- The richness of human and religious diversity is woven into the fabric of communal, civil, societal and global life.
- The world's most powerful and influential institutions move beyond narrow self-interest to realize common good.
- The Earth and all life are cherished, protected, healed and restored.
- All people commit to living out their highest values and aspirations.