• Hudson County Superior Court Hudson County Superior Court


  • Interest area icon
  • Interest area icon
  • Interest area icon
  • Interest area icon
  • Interest area icon

Volunteer with us!

Subscribe Get an RSS feed of these Opportunities
Please wait . . .

Mission Statement

The Hudson Vicinage is seeking concerned residents to take part in administering justice and delivering quality court services in the community. Volunteers may serve through a variety of programs designed to engage the public in providing critical services and making important decisions that affect Juveniles, families and the community at large. Volunteers assist in reviewing cases and making recommendations for resolution, addressing Juvenile delinquency matters and perform administrative support tasks.


Child Placement Review (CPR): CPR boards consist of court appointed citizens who monitor the cases of all children who have been placed outside of their homes by the Division of Youth and Family Services (DYFS). Board members collectively review case plans and conduct interviews of involved parties to make recommendations that are in the best interest of the child to the Presiding Family Court Judge.

Juvenile Conference Committee (JCC): JCC members are court appointed citizens who conduct confidential, informal hearings regarding complaints against juveniles who allegedly commit minor acts of delinquency such as criminal mischief, trespassing, shoplifting, simple assault, and disorderly person’s offenses.

Municipal Court Mediation: Court appointed volunteers mediate cases between disputing parties in Hudson County Municipal Courts. As a neutral party, a mediator helps citizens discuss the issues and explore options in resolving the dispute themselves.

Guardianship Monitoring Program (GMP) volunteers are appointed and trained to assist the courts with examining documents contained in guardianship files and entering information about the guardianships into the Guardianship Monitoring System (GMS).


Would you recommend Hudson County Superior Court?