Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Mission: To inspire and encourage women to engage in the game of golf. Vision: All women will have the opportunity to experience the joys of golf in every stage of life. Core Values: Integrity Equality & Inclusiveness Respect Teamwork Service Commitment The AWGA seeks to inspire women of all ages to engage in the game of golf. We offer programs, information, and encouragement to girls and women from the time they first think of picking up a golf club, throughout their entire lifetimes. We respect women as golfers, and actively work to create a shift in the culture around golf so that women truly feel that golf is for them and so they will make it part of their lives in whatever fashion fits their lifestyle. Our vision is to serve each woman who is or aspires to be a golfer.
Founded in 1924, the Arizona Women’s Golf Association is a 501(c)(3) public charity that creates opportunities for women of all ages to experience the joys of golf, encouraging them to take up the game as a lifelong sport.
While we’re best known for running tournaments and for providing women’s handicaps and course ratings to clubs around the state, we've also made sure women are active leaders in the golf community by innovating new programs and by taking on leadership roles in allied golf associations nationwide. We also:
* Conduct classes that introduce new women golfers to the game.
* Help high school girls’ golf teams flourish.
* Give time, money, and energy to many programs for junior golfers.
* Recruit and train volunteers who give over 20,000 hours annually to men’s, women’s and junior golf on the local, state and national levels.
* Partner with allied golf associations to provide well-trained Rules officials throughout Arizona.
* Educate club members through seminars, and aid clubs with operational assistance and advice.
- Robyn Noll
- Need admin access?