Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The mission of Fitchburg Fields is to promote sustainable living, especially regionally-based food systems.
Fitchburg Fields is a grassroots, non-profit and for-impact organization in Fitchburg, WI, just south of the capital city of Madison. We have a small garden and a big vision, and we invite you to volunteer, learn, and contribute to our efforts!What we do
- Grow the next generation of organic farmers and gardeners.
- Create new jobs in the local food sector.
- Create community bonds.
- Recession is causing unemployment and hunger.
- Peaking oil supplies necessitate a low-fuel food system.
- Global climate change necessitates a low-carbon food system.
- Teach in our garden.
- Teach in community kitchens and homes.
- Support the community with food and information.
Our fundamental goal is to restore and maintain the health of individuals, communities and ecological systems by promoting agricultural practices and other activities that focus on sustainable processes and that will therefore: protect our soils, water and wildlife; strengthen our communities; conserve resources; and create healthy, local food systems.Fitchburg Fields serves to increase public awareness of the need for sustainability, particularly in agriculture and energy use, through non-partisan research, education, and community outreach. By bringing together a broad coalition of groups that share our goals and by inviting other communities to learn from our experience, we can bring about a transition to a sustainable society.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!