Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Know Your City engages the public in art and social justice through creative placemaking projects. Our programs and publications aim to educate people to better know their communities, and to empower them to take action.
Organization Core Values
- amplify under-represented voices
- focus on experts with first-hand knowledge
- present information in non-authoritative platforms
- include multiple perspectives
- focus on controversial and timely issues
- accessible to all (price and otherwise)
- democratic and participatory decision-making
- empowerment of members
- substantive programs with high-level of information
- participation from people of all ages and walk of life
- fun, culturally-oriented programs to better understand often-dry policy
Know Your City is committed to respecting and honoring differences and commonalities in ethnicity, race, economic background, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical ability and religious affiliation. Our organization is comprised of diverse individuals who value inclusivity with the development and implementation of educational place-making projects. Our democratically structured programs and publications amplify under-represented voices within communities disproportionately impacted by oppression, prejudice, and discrimination. We believe, through embracing diversity, people become more empowered to take effective action for justice.