Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies Coalition of Broward County, Inc. is dedicated to reducing infant deaths by providing resources and education to pregnant women, parents and their families.
Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies of Broward has been a community leader in providing services to pregnant women, teens and families for more than 20 years. We provide access to prenatal care, education, advocacy and public awareness for all families in Broward County, but most especially for those who are unable to afford private care.
Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies of Broward...
- ... supports families by reducing risk factors that place pregnant women and infants in jeopardy for poor pregnancy and birth outcomes.
- ... assists families by improving parent-child interactions in order to reduce child abuse and assists teen mothers, in particular, in finishing school, learning life and parenting skills, preparing for employment and preventing subsequent teen pregnancies.
- ... helps reduce infant/fetal mortality through an understanding of the occurrence of deaths in the community.
- ... provides bereavement counseling to families who have lost a baby, as well as financial resources for those who cannot afford burial costs.
- ... provides counseling to alleviate maternal depression for pregnant women and mothers with children ages 0-3 years of age in order to improve parent-child relations and prevent abusive situations.
- ... helps reduce infant mortality by providing appropriate sleeping environments for babies and education for parents on SIDS, Back to Sleep and Shaken Baby Syndrome.
- ... provides appropriate referrals to community providers as needed by pregnant and parenting women or teens.
- Amanda Martin
- (954) 765-0550
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!