Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
To create a fund from public and private donations large enough to sustain recurring preservation activity throughout North America, or even beyond. The goal is to build this fund as a decisive weapon in the dynamic fight to defeat unrestricted profit-motivated development in order to save worthy open space, agricultural land, natural resources and historic areas. "Worthy" will be measured by community involvement as a barometer of the impact those preservation efforts have on real people. Money will be used from the fund and then replenished when the local community steps in as the natural stewards and beneficiaries of the preservation effort. The vision is to create a fund that can be used as a vehicle so that anyone, anywhere can emerge into a landscape that is just as much or more alive than they are.
To conserve and preserve open spaces, farm land, historic architecture and natural resources so that everyone may enjoy them, now and forever. Swift action is the cornerstone of implementing our mission.
When opportunities for land conservation arise, financial and legal resources are often needed on very short notice. Local land trusts and stewards often miss out on important preservation opportunities because they lack immediate access to money or legal assistance, and national land trust organizations are not always able to react quickly.
The Land Conservation and Advocacy Trust provides emergency funding and legal support to preserve open spaces and natural resources, and promotes smart-growth ideals that foster land conservation. We work closely with land trusts, other stewardship organizations, and on our own initiative so that we can act quickly when local resources are not available to preserve important land parcels. The LCA Trust believes that land conservation, preservation and use of smart-growth principles are the most effective ways to safeguard wildlife habitat, scenic views, wetlands, sensitive watershed parcels, forests, greenways, and other valuable open spaces from development and loss.
LCA Trust assets will be disbursed in order to:
- Preserve and/or restore open spaces, natural areas and their resources.
- Promote smart-growth ideals which aid in conservation efforts.
- Protect flood plains, wetlands and waterways.
- Preserve land for scenic/aesthetic value and recreational use; wildlife habitats, corridors and greenways; and fragile ecosystems.
- Protect and preserve historic buildings, sites, structures and other architecture.
- Protect lands that being used for farming or pasture so that such uses can continue.
- Enhance access to public lands and promote the integration of public lands into living communities.
- Utilize undeveloped urban land for spatial definition of urban areas
- Contain the threat of urban and suburban sprawl.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!