Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Leadership & Entrepreneurship Public Charter High School (LÊP High) seeks to empower students and enrich our community through active and meaningful study of leadership and entrepreneurship. We believe that every student deserves a college-prep curriculum with extensive academic support to help every student achieve excellence. At LÊP High, students of diverse abilities, experiences, and backgrounds are engaged in rigorous, project-based, interdisciplinary classes within a personalized school setting.
Leadership & Entrepreneurship Public Charter High School (LÊP High) is in its second year as a high school and educates 9th, 10th, & 11th grade students during the 2008/09 school year.
LÊP is a new kind of high school. At LÊP, courses are linked with each other, with college, and with your life. When you're finished, you'll have a high-school diploma, a start on college, and real-world experiences that you couldn't get at any other high school. Best of all, you will have the leadership skills and entrepreneurial mindset to take the next step in your life.
LÊP is a place where students...
- Engage in project-based learning - individually and in teams
- Earn high school and college credit
- Complete internships with local companies
- Identify and address real problems in your community
- Organize, initiate, and operate student-based businesses
What's different about LÊP HS?
- A small school environment - with only 80 students per grade and a daily advisory period, students will really get to know their classmates and teachers.
- More time - a year-round calendar with more days to sharpen your skills, and short courses between semesters to explore new ideas or get individual help for classes .
- Exposure to college - field trips to college campuses, interactions with college student-mentors, and college courses through PSU's University Studies Program.
- Real-world experiences - As students progress through LÊP, they venture from behind their desks to experience the community and learn important skills through internships and service learning projects.
- Christy Mitchell
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!