Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Ohio Hispanic Coalition (OHCO) was founded in 1990 as an advocacy agency; today it has grown into a multi-service agency serving the growing Latino/Hispanic community in Ohio. OHCO serves a vulnerable population, one who faces multiple barriers such as limited English proficiency and a lack of access to services and programs that are culturally and linguistically competent. The mission of the Ohio Hispanic Coalition is to improve the well being and quality of life of all Latinos through advocacy, education, training and access to quality services.
The Hispanic Coaltion offers many different programs to the community.
- The health programs that we offer are aimed at teaching disease prevention to the Latino community. They are free and both culturally and linguistically appropriate.
- Adult ESL classes are free. The classes provide instruction on the proper use of English grammar and oral competence. Adult students are encouraged to use their English skills in everyday life experiences and have the opportunity to practice with various community volunteers.
- The youth programs are free and open to students ages 6 through 12. Our programs provide the encouragement and support necessary for the youth in our community to become successful in their respective academic areas and social interactions. This will increase the likelihood of graduating and successful development and contribution to society.
- The Ohio Hispanic Coalition is the only service provider that offers culturally and linguistically sensitive services to Latinos/Hispanics dealing with domestic violence.
- Soy Latina is a women's group designed for women to form social networks, learn about community resources and provide support for victims of domestic abuse.
- Barbara Fox
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!