Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Our mission is to promote the development, empowerment, and quality of life for Cambodian Americans in the Bay Area.
Cambodian Community Development, Inc. (CCDI) is a grassroots volunteer-based organization founded by a group of concerned community activists in 1997 to assist Cambodian refugees in the Bay Area. We are dedicated in assisting Cambodian Americans to overcome social, cultural, and economic barriers in order to obtain independence and self-sufficiency. Currently, the agency serves approximately 800 refugees per year in one or more of its programs. The following are some of CCDI's general organizational objectives:
- To provide linguistic and culturally appropriate services to our clients in a holistic manner
- To increase access of government programs and services to our constituency
- To promote the physical and mental health of our community members
- To raise awareness of issues impacting our community and encourage civic participation
- To promote cultural awareness and the retention of Cambodian arts and dance
- To strengthen the ties between Cambodian parents and children
The CCDI office serves as a local drop-in center for hundreds of Cambodian immigrants needing assistance with citizenship, SSI, TANF, legal services, health and mental health, domestic violence, housing, and other issues.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!