During these uncertain times, how can we help?
See below to access our COVID-19 Resource Hub, and to explore our growing directory of both COVID-19-specific and virtual volunteering opportunities.
We are a source of legal representation, information, advice and referral for people in need of legal help.
Legal Aid takes cases to help clients resolve housing problems
• Representing in eviction and foreclosure cases
• Preventing lockout or utility cutoff by landlords
• Improving neighborhood housing
Employment and Income
Legal Aid helps clients find and keep jobs
• Resolving legal problems that interfere with job training or employment
• Securing unpaid wages
• Expanding employment opportunities for persons with disabilities
Legal Aid helps clients who seek protection from domestic violence
• Securing protection orders
• Resolving custody and visitation
• Representing in divorce proceedings
• Coordinating community services Education
Legal Aid provides legal assistance to help children obtain a good education
• Addressing special education needs
• Promoting parental involvement
• Preventing suspension and expulsion
Legal Aid represents children to secure a safe and stable home
• Serving as attorney and guardian ad litem in abuse, dependency, and neglect cases
....And much more
Legal Aid works with individuals and community groups on a wide variety of issues.
• Neighborhood safety
• Child welfare and foster care services
• Termination or denial of Food Stamps, medical assistance, or income benefits
• Natural disasters
• SSI and Social Security denials and terminations
• Veterans, unemployment, and disability claims
• Access to health and mental health care services
• Medicaid eligibility
• Consumer problems
• Probate, guardianship, and adoption
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!