Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Volunteers in Action is a program of Providence Hood River which recruits and trains volunteers to provide social support to older adults and people with disabilities in Hood River and Klickitat Counties. We are building a health community one healthy relationship at a time.
Get to know an older adult in our area. Volunteers in Action is a fun and easy way to help your neighbors, get to know the history of our area, and make friends outside your age group.
Volunteers provide the following free services:
- Grocery shopping with or for someone
- Respite care & friendly visiting
- Light housekeeping, like dishes and vacuuming
- Minor home repairs and yard work
- Meal preparation
- Library services
- Attend arts education & social events with care recipients
Opportunities to serve are flexible and easy to fit into your schedule. Volunteers complete training, a TB blood test, and a background check before serving.