Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Vision Statement The Navy League of the United States will be the preferred resource for the education of both the United States Congress and the American Public on our sea services. Mission Statement The Navy League of the United States is a civilian organization dedicated to informing the American people and their government that the United States of America is a maritime nation and that its national defense and economic well being are dependent upon strong sea services - United States Navy, United States Marine Corps, United States Coast Guard and United States Merchant Marine. Goals 1. Educate national leaders and the nation. 2. Support the men and women of the sea services. 3. Provide assistance to sea service families. 4. Support youth programs. Navy League of the United States Operations Manual, page 1
The Sacramento Council, chartered in 1956, works to fulfill the Navy League mission by supporting local Sea Service commands (USCG Air Station Sacramento, Navy Operational Support Center) and local Sea Service Youth organizations (Gold Country Sea Cadets, Navy and Marine Corps JROTC units at local high schools). For information on activities, meetings, or our newsletter visit navyleaguesacramento.org or contact any of the council officers for additional information: John Meyers, President (916) 356-6314 or Phelps Hobart, Membership (916) 739-6949. Please telephone or Email email@example.com.
Sacramento Council events scheduled over the past year included:
- Armed Forces Day, May 21, 2016, SeaPower Luncheon with speakers who spoke about leadership, the military, and the sea services.
- Hosted military guests associated with Sacramento Navy Week, September 26 - October 2, 2016 and the California Capitol Air Show, October 1 - 2, 2016, highlighting the Navy’s Blue Angels.
- Tours of Sacramento or Bay Area military related facilities or conferences in Northern California.
- Dinner-meetings incorporating a forum with prominent speakers (eight per year).
- Other events at local military commands and two high schools for the presentation of awards.