Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The mission of Brighter Beginnings is to support healthy births and children's successful development by partnering with parents, strengthening families, and helping to build strong communities.
Brighter Beginnings’ programs in primary healthcare, teen family support, community strengthening, and early childhood education. Designed to help vulnerable families create healthy and happy environments for their children, Brighter Beginnings provides services from our five centers in Oakland, Richmond, and Antioch. All of the programs offered are geared to reducing child abuse and neglect by working with parents to learn how to be better parents. Our Family Health Clinics in Richmond and Antioch provide accessible, low-cost primary health care to communities in need. Our values include the following:
- Nurture beginnings for healthy futures
- Teach skills for supporting healthy births
- Respect the uniqueness of family systems and cultures
- Build on family strengths
- Support the entire family system
- Engage communities in supporting family needs
- Help families clarify goals
- Educate parents to understand their children's development
- Develop skills for self-sufficiency
Volunteer Program Purpose:
Because the efforts of volunteers are seen as a valuable human resource that directly contribute to the achievement of our mission, the purpose of the Brighter Beginnings Volunteer Program is to coordinate a variety of project-based activities that directly contribute to the services and programs that we offer to low-income families in both Alameda and Contra Costa counties.
- Lucy Rios
- Need admin access?