Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The mission of the Mental Health Association in Delawera promotes improved mental well being for all individuals and families in Delaware through education, support and advocacy.
- Educational and Awareness activities are provided to over 13,000 Delawareans annually.
- Hundreds of people experiencing depression or anxiety disorder, a dual disorder or loss of a loved one to suicide or murder attended one or more of our 24 Statewide support groups.
- Continued offering in each county, a group for parents of children who suffer from a mental illness.
- Continued serving in a leadership capacity on Delaware's Suicide Prevention Coalition partnering with The State's Division of Substance Abuse and Mental Health.
- Continue being looked to as a leader in providing the most up to date information on mental well being services through our information and referral program.
- Coordinated 35 depression screening sites which checked over 595 people for depression and 140 were referred for treatment.
- Continued supporting the Active Minds program in both University of Delaware and Delaware State University with over 500 students participating.
- E-Racing the Blues © 5K event saw nearly 400 people cross the finish line and raised nearly triple previous total dollars.
- The 2 nd Annual Dover and the 5 th Annual Wilmington People of Color Mental Health Conferences were held updating hundreds of people about mental illness.
- May is Mental Health Month Luncheon provided that latest news to 200 people.