Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Please wait . . .
Mercy Corps mission is to alleviate suffering, poverty and oppression by helping people build secure, productive and just communities.
- Communities are the best agents of their own change.
- Local markets are the best engines of sustainable recovery.
- Success is built on the foundation of good governance.
- Focus on places in transition, where conflict, disaster, political upheaval or economic collapse present opportunities to challenge the status quo and build more secure, productive and just communities.
- Provide emergency relief in times of crisis, then move quickly to help communities recover and build resilience to future shocks.
- Promote sustainable change by supporting initiatives that are community-led, market-driven and promote good governance.
- Seek innovation that creates major breakthroughs against poverty and lasting change in the places we work.
- Lauren Shaughnessy
- (503) 896-5000
- Need admin access?
Would you recommend MERCY CORPS?
by Chuck O. (April 14, 2016)
One reason is the mission of MercyCorps (MC). It falls in line with my personal principles of compassion throughout the globe. Organizations like MercyCorps and the International Rescue Committee (IRC) aren't afraid of going into areas where there is conflict or recovering from a natural disaster, etc. to provide assistance as needed and making real differences in the lives of its residents. The second reason is that the staff was as genuine as the mission of MC which makes it a pleasure to work with. They were very timely in responding when questions were asked which made my work quite productive. I have tremendous pride in knowing my work will help MC in the long run.