Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Ten Thousand Villages provides vital, fair income to Third World people by marketing their handicrafts and telling their stories in North America.
We sell fairly traded handicrafts from over 35 countries in Asia, Africa and South America.
At Ten Thousand Villages we add our own principles of operation to the IFAT key principles of fair trade:
- We honor the value of seeking to bring justice and hope to the poor.
- We trade with artisan groups who pay fair wages and demonstrate concern for their members' welfare.
- We provide consistent purchases, advances and prompt final payments to artisans.
- We increase market share in North America for fairly traded handicrafts.
- We market quality products that are crafted by underemployed artisans.
- We build sustainable operations using a variety of sales channels, including a network of stores with a common identity.
- We choose handicrafts that reflect and reinforce rich cultural traditions, that are environmentally sensitive and which appeal to North American consumers.
- We encourage North American customers to learn about fair trade and to appreciate artisans' cultural heritage and life circumstances with joy and respect.
- We use resources carefully and value volunteers who work in our North American operations.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!