Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Population Caring Organization is a humanitarian NGO dedicated to the well being of young people in West Africa, especially Liberians and Ghanaians.
· Acknowledging the many crises that face young West Africans - including war and ethnic animosity, displacement, poverty, lack of education, pandemic illnesses, sexual violence and labor exploitation; and
· Acknowledging that young people represent the future of their countries, and that these continuing crises affect the social, political, economic and cultural well being of the entire West African region;
PCO aims to educate and empower young people, their immediate careers and their communities in order to nurture the development of responsible, peaceful and productive citizens.
Our key efforts in creating a better future for young people in West Africa are directed at the following activities:
· Provision of direct literacy and numerical programs to the most disadvantaged children in Liberian and Ghanaian communities;
· Provision of skills training programs to young people and their carers with a view to developing sustainable livelihoods;
· Promotion of a culture of peace and democracy;
· Provision of peace and conflict resolution education to school children;
· Peace-building and peace education in the wider community;
· Awareness raising about child rights and domestic violence;
· Developing a clean and healthy living environment for children and their families;
· Promoting physical and mental well being of young people through sports and leisure activities;
· Awareness raising about sexual reproductive health;
· Development and execution of agricultural activities; and
· Engagement of any and/or all lawful activities under this organization
PCO applies this set of core values in all its activities:
· A commitment to creating progress through humility and purity of the heart;
· A commitment to children's rights;
· A belief in the power of education as key to shaping a better future for Liberia and West Africa;
· A commitment to tribal and racial equality and reconciliation;
· A commitment to holistic, sustainable and collaborative approaches to tackling problems;
· A commitment to extensive formative research and planning in project development;
· A commitment to the promotion of gender equality, within the PCO organization and in the wider community;
· A commitment to organizational transparency and democracy; and
· A firm belief that prevention is better than cure!PCO aspires to be able to work with young people and their communities throughout West Africa.
- Emmanuel G. V. Dolo
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!