Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
AmeriCorps is an opportunity to make a big difference in your life and in the lives of those around you. It's a chance to apply your skills and ideals toward helping others and meeting critical needs in the community. Each year, AmeriCorps offers 75,000 opportunities for adults of all ages and backgrounds to serve through a network of partnerships with local and national nonprofit groups. Whether your service makes a community safer, gives a child a second chance, or helps protect the environment, you'll be getting things done through AmeriCorps!
As an AmeriCorps member, you'll gain new skills and experiences-and you'll also find the tremendous satisfaction that comes from helping others.
Acces JobLink AmeriCorps members commit to a one-year term of service to assist people with disabilities and other barriers to employment with their job search through numerous activities such as resume writing, interviewing, transportation, childcare, and success plans. Serving customers out of the JobLink Career Centers across Wake and Johnston Counties, members have multiple locations from which to choose.Qualifications
- Desire to work with people who need assistance with their job search and who may have multiple barriers to employment (persons with disabilities, ex-offenders, at-risk youth, older workers).
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually.
- 17 years of age or older.
- US Citizen or lawful permanent resident.
- High School Diploma or GED or currently working toward a GED.
- Proficiency in basic computer technology skills (Word, E-mail, Internet Explorer, WinWay resume).
- Healthcare Provided
- Childcare Provided (if qualified)
- Living stipend paid monthly - (up to $12,000/year)
- Education Award - $4,725(FT member); $2,352 (HT member) - upon successful completion of term of service
- Numerous cross-training opportunities
- Be part of a team that assists people seeking employment.
AneriCorps members serve full- or half - time, for one year. If interested, please contact Freeman Denton, at (919) 856-9552 or www.joblinkcc.com , type AmeriCorps in the job title section.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!