Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Our mission is to make the arts - classical, contemporary and multicultural - an essential part of every child's education and life.
Our vision is that comprehensive, systemic and sequential arts programs are an essential element in every child's education and are offered to all children, from pre-school through high school, during the school day, after school and in their communities.
These essential arts programs are enthusiastically supported by national, state and local leaders, school district personnel, teachers, parents, artists, funders, businesses and all who care about children and our future.
We serve children and young adults, pre-school through high school, their teachers and families, in both public and private schools as well as in community and after-school settings. All Young Audiences of Northern California programs must be artistically excellent, educationally sound, interactive, and relevant to the diverse populations of the Bay Area.
- Our programs and artists introduce children to the arts. Therefore we insist that they be the best in their fields and the best artist-teachers. Our children deserve nothing less.
- We are committed to paying our artists a fee that reflects our value of the arts and our artists' professionalism.
- Our artists reflect the cultural diversity of the children who live in California, one of the most diverse states in the nation.
- We work collaboratively with teachers, principals, school districts, parents, artists and arts organizations to achieve the best results for our children.
- We never stop learning and believe in the value of continuing professional development for our staff, artists, board members, teachers and parents.
- We insist on integrity and giving our best effort in everything we do.
- We believe that to grow a dynamic and affirming society, we must develop the capacity of our children to achieve in a vastly complex world.
- We firmly believe the arts are the key to navigating a culturally diverse landscape, achieving academic success, solving problems and building cohesive, respectful communities.
- We strive to develop in children a life-long love of the arts.
- Angela Fautt
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!