Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
So How Are the Children/SHAC's mission is to empower Faribault’s diverse youth through opportunities that promote physical and emotional well-being, school success and community connectedness.
SHAC provides afterschool and summer out-of-school-time programming and connects volunteers during the school day with some of Faribault's most needy children. Our efforts promote the physical and emotional well-being of children by:
- combatting hunger and poor nutrition with high quality meals and snacks during every program session
- promoting positive mental and social health through supportive and caring adult/youth relationships
- encouraging and supporting regular school attendance and homework completion
- addressing risk behavior prevention for substance/alcohol abuse, bullying, truancy, etc.
- advocating with other youth-serving agencies for the well-being of Faribault's children and youth
- Carolyn Treadway
- Need admin access?