The mission of Baring Scholars, Inc. is to reduce financial and academic barriers by providing resources and skills to traditional college students.
Baring Scholars, Inc is a 501(c)3 tax exempt nonprofit organization which works with college students. We serve 1st and 2nd year traditional students who either are first generation college students, have a GPA of 2.5 or greater, or who are former TRIO participants. Participants apply to be a part of the program and are accepted based on need and eligibilty.
We reduce the barriers by:
1. Providing book stipends for the college textbooks;
2. Providing acedemic and skill building workshops that will reinforce academic skillset, build upon their practical skills, and help them become acquainted with resources at their respective universities;
3. Providing mentors to help the students matriculate through college;
4. Providing care packages to participants each semester;and
5. Providing educational trip opportunities that will act as social and development opportunities.