Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Our Mission: To protect children and families from abuse and violence, facilitate healing and end the inter-generational cycle of abuse.
Defenders of Children is a nonprofit 501(c)3 Arizona corporation with a team of professional child advocates dedicated to assisting children in abusive (or allegedly abusive) situations, who have not been able to secure the protections and rights to which they are entitled. We offer legal and mental/behavioral health services to these child victims and their non-offending family members to:
- facilitate the healing process through counseling, pet therapy, play therapy, etc.,
- educate them about their victimization or trauma,
- develop personalized safety plans,
- request protections be put in place for the child victims through the family court system,
- offer supervised parenting time and/or supervised exchanges for families to ensure children have safe interactions with both parents,
- and much more...
Some specific issues we help with include, child physical abuse or neglect, child sex abuse, victims of sex trafficking, adults sexually abused as minors, domestic violence, bullying, etc. Additionally, we offer training and classes to the parents, professionals and the general public about child sexual abuse awareness and prevention, sex trafficking awareness and prevention, relearning relationships, Child Advocacy101, and parenting classes. Please check out our website for more information at www.defendersofchildren.org.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!